July 28, 2010

Farmer's Market Love


Mountlake Terrace has a community-sized (read small) Farmer's Market that is open from 3-7pm on Thursdays. Doug and I checked it out last Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.




There were lots of veggie vendors. We picked up an organic cabbage for coleslaw that night along with some cucumbers and garlic. 


A delicious berry vendor, Hayton Farms from the Skagit Valley, was there with flats of organic berries. We picked up some blackberries and raspberries to add to our blueberries at home. For dessert, I mixed together some marscapone cheese with half and half and added some vanilla and sweetener to drizzle (OK, pour!) over the berries. Oh my!


And flowers galore...along with a vendor selling plants. I refrained from picking out any plants, believe it or not.


And last but not least, The Red Onion was there with a grill ready to cook up some food. Doug and I shared a brat from Double D Meats, a local institution in the Mountlake Terrace area.
So I wanted to give you a heads up about our local Farmer's Market and encourage you to visit the one in your neighborhood. These folks work really hard to bring us the freshest food possible.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Lisa, for this great write-up & pics! Our MLT Farmers Market is great! I go every week and get the best fresh local veggies & fruit...

    ReplyDelete