November 11, 2010

Colleen's Cupie

One of my favorite birthday traditions is Burger Day with Colleen, Judy and Beth. We gather at the Ranch Drive-In in Bothell; grab a Ranch burger; and ooh and aah over giftwrapping and gifts. It is so delightful to give to (and received from) these fabulous women. They 'get' the good stuff and the glittery stuff and the French stuff and the repurposed stuff and the rusty stuff.

Birthday Girl, Colleen with gifts to unwrap.
Wrap is as important as the gift with these girls!
This fall it took us months to finally celebrate Colleen's September birthday. Colds, surgeries, vacations all coincided (or collided!) to keep us apart. But yesterday we made it happen. It wasn't burgers, but pizza delivery to Colleen's because we just couldn't wait any longer! She called me bright and early Wednesday morning and said "Pizza at my house and bring my birthday present!" Yes, ma'am!


I had picked up a slightly imperfect Cupie doll awhile back and altered her ala Colleen. She turned out so ding dang cute (as Colleen likes to say!) From her tulle-covered jello-mold tuffet to her typewriter key crown this gal just exudes cuteness. And so does Colleen!

Thanks for your help, Delilah!
I had put together a little Halloween favor for everyone. Vintage crepe paper rolls complete with stickers that I had found in a Frederick & Nelson box at the Everett Goodwill Outlet. Score!

easy peasy wrapping and instant festivity


And then, Beth had treasures for us from France...oooh la la. I received a Lady of Lourdes picture in my home's warm colors, a fabulous champagne glass, gorgeous knife and a mystery wood item that is so sculptural. If anyone knows what it might be, please let me know.

I am blessed with great friends who love what I love, love to laugh
and it really can't get much better than that!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't life with so many close friends and simple objects of beauty just grand? I think Delilah is a bit jealous that she didn't get any giftwrapped presents; she told me she thought SHE deserved the typewriter key crown! Be careful what you wish for, Miss D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mystery wooden thing I think has something to do with spinning wool. Not sure though, but I vaguely remember seeing someone using something like that here in Romania once upon a time. But my memory is so foggy these days, I can't be sure.

    ReplyDelete