January 30, 2011

Ready, Set, Goat!?

Yep, I said Goat!


Today, my sister and I are off on an inter-state adventure with Granny and Wilber.

Let me start at the beginning. I don't remember who 'friended' who first on FaceBook, but Katherine Dunn of Apifera Farm had me at "Where art and animals collide", and then it just got better from there. She rescued Itty Bitty Etta, a rain-soaked itty bitty kitten around Halloween. And she has a one-eyed pug; and makes puppets; and raises weed-loving donkeys; and lives on a lavender farm; and makes pie....sigh....

A couple of weeks ago she announced on FaceBook that she is adopting some rescue goats from New Moon Farm Goat Rescue & Sanctuary in Arlington, Washington and wouldn't it be nice if someone will volunteer to get them to her in Yamhill, Oregon. So I did. I volunteered and have been looking forward to this road trip like I can't even explain. I am thinking there is some good medicine for the soul there...

So, Ophelia and I are bringing the goats to Apifera and like I said, are making an adventure of it. Once the goats are safely delivered, a pie is in our hands and Itty Bitty Etta is snuggle-bunnied, we are going to Portland to stay with our cousin and family. We will take in the sights, do a little shopping, eat some good food and laugh and giggle like the super, silly sisters we are.

I will post photos of our Goat Adventure and let you know how it went when we get back!


1 comment: