March 28, 2011

Flowers for you...a tutorial!


I made these darling Button Flower Bouquets for my fellow Dream Girl attendees...and wanted to share them with you, too!



Supplies you will need:

Buttons!
Wire (22 or 24 gauge)
(or whatever you have that can bend easy)
Skewer or small dowel
Scissors
Wire cutters
Floral tape
Ribbon

 

Wrap wire around skewer and then clip to desired length for stamens...about 1 inch.

Cut piece of wire for stem about 6-8 inches long. Bend in half and insert into buttons starting with button you want on top. Before you cinch down and twist add curved stamen wire. Twist tight.

Gather your button flowers and wrap with floral tape. Trim bottom wires flush.

Wrap with ribbon starting at the top of the stem leaving a tail. Wrap to the bottom and come back up and tie the ribbon to the top tail. Trim ribbon.



Now you have a beautiful Button Flower Bouquet to give as a gift, pin on your lapel or tuck in a special place to bring a smile to your face every time you see it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! Very Sweet! Love it!! I'll put this one on our list of things to do, on our next rainy day projects!

    XO Glad & Cel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE!!! I'm going to try this, I've got a TON of old buttons from my aunt who saved and saved them. Time to put those babies to good use! Lisa ;-)

    ReplyDelete